ASHEVILLE, N.C. – UNC Asheville's Brett Landau won in straight sets at No. 6 singles to give the Bulldogs a 4-3 non-conference victory over Augusta State Monday afternoon at the Asheville Racquet Club Downtown.
The Bulldogs (3-1) won their third straight match but had to rally for the win after losing the doubles point.
Asheville was able to get straight sets victories from the Bulldogs top two players in Adrian Langeard and Matt Waissen.
The Bulldogs rallied at No. 5 and 6 singles. John Schubel won at No. 5 over Gustavo D'Ascenizi, 6-0, 6-3 to tie the match at 5-5. Landau won at No. 6 single with a 6-1, 6-3 triumph over Gustav Anderson.
The Jags travel to Greenwood, S.C., to face Lander on Thursday, Feb. 21 at 2:30 p.m.
UNC Asheville 4, Augusta State 3
Asheville, N.C. (Asheville Racquet Club Downtown)
February 18, 2013
1. Adrien Langeard (UNCA) def. Victor Cabellos (ASU) 7-5, 6-4
2. Matt Waissen (UNCA) def. Jan Labas (ASU) 6-4, 6-1
3. Victor Guimaraes (ASU) def. Daniel Kripak (UNCA) 6-3, 1-6, 7-5
4. Romain Brunie (ASU) def. Alex Croker (UNCA) 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
5. John Schubel (UNCA) def. Gustavo D'Ascenzi (ASU) 6-0, 6-3
6. Brett Landau (UNCA) def. Gustav Anderson (ASU) 6-1, 6-3
1. Victor Guimaraes/Victor Cabellos (ASU) def. Matt Waissen/Daniel Kripak (UNCA) 8-4
2. Jan Labas/Romain Brunie (ASU) def. Adrien Langeard/Alex Croker (UNCA) 8-6